Table Talk News

Hot Cocoa Mix From Scratch

Woops to many buttons......Today's Blog

Anyhow if you find yourself without hot chocolate mix for the kids or yourself  here is an easy mix to fix that outage.

Cocoa, Creamer(Plain)

take about 2 oz of this 8 oz container add about 2 cups of creamer
2/3 cups of splenda or sugar

mix real well.....sometimes you have to add more creamer to get the right color



Then add it to a storage container of your choice.

I learned about this from my bio mother and still use it today. I have difficulty finding inexpensive sugar free cocoa mix so I decided I could make it myself. I think it tastes better anyhow and the cost....well a creamer of that size which will make approx 3 batches is about 7 bucks and the cocoa which will make about 4 batches cost me 2 bucks. A box of sugar free cocoa is about 5 bucks and it has 8-10 packets in it!
This saves me a bundle in hot cocoa mix!!!

Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I have been making variations of hot chocolate mix for years. I'm way too frugal (read that as cheap!) to buy the little packets of mix. Sometimes I add some of that malt mix for making malts with ice cream. My kids call that cocoa mix "the good stuff." Yours sounds really good. Will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki yours sound even better. Never thought to use malt mix...have to try that...Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I make a mocha coffee creamer much the same way -- but I need to make some without refined sugar. Thanks for the recipe and for your nice comment on my blog yesterday. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooooo.....I would like to have that recipe always looking for new...thanks for stopping Nancy do hope you come again.

      Delete
  3. Thank You! Might have to give that a try...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts