Table Talk News

Freezing Temps & A Birth Day

Like many of you who follow this blog, it was spring now freezing weather for couple days then warmth will return. Do believe it was in the lower 30's last night had frost on the ground when we woke this morning. They were calling for snow but to my knowledge it didn't do that......lots of wind and cold rain. Sun is shining this morning but is still windy and the temps 36*. Look for temps to stay colder till tomorrow.

 We spent some time yesterday afternoon covering the trees and plants that are fairly new so they wouldn't get frost bit. Do hope it helped them from getting too cold. Suppose to be cold today and then tomorrow be a bit warmer then and only then I will remove their wraps, I do not think it will hurt them to be under cover for a day.





 Do hope you got your taxes done....It is tax day as if anybody needed reminding, right? Today 44 yrs ago I came into this world in the very wee hours of the morning. Mother did not have an easy time of it as I was the first of three she gave birth to, 9lbs and 23 hrs of labor must have been very tiresome!

Growing up in my father's household, we did not celebrate birthdays. It was remembered in a short discussion or a short mention something like "you are 9 yrs old" and "You were such a large baby when you were born" but never did we ever sing birthday songs or have birthday cakes or even a party. It was explained to me that even God does not recognize the day of your birth more the day of your death, if he didn't recognize Christs birthday then why would he yours? The birthdays celebrated in the bible all had dire endings to them.  Gen 40:1-23 speaks of Pharoah's Birthday Party he executed his baker by hanging, Job 1:4,5; 6-13; 18-19 speaks of Job's oldest sons party where God allowed Satan to kill off 10 of Job's children, Job chapter 3 where Job is cursing the day of his birth; Matt 14:3-11 speaks of  Herod the King making a promise that was not kept and as a result died on his Birth day, 
The day that the "Wise Men" showed with gifts for Jesus the "King of the Jews". Customs were that if you were presented in front of a King you presented him with gifts. The belief is that he was a young child when this occasion happened not his Birth Day.

With that said, at the age of 24 my days of believing this way ended. On my 25 th Birth Day, a friend threw me a party which I thoroughly enjoyed. I was smothered with gifts and had a cake and nobody died. I was not struck down by God on that day nor have I been struck down since then. I have read these scriptures in the bible and continue to read the bible to this day, we all have our interpretations of what it says to us personally is what I believe. I, Thank God for the Day I was born by celebrating and sharing it with those that care about me. So much has come to pass due to religious beliefs, another story for another time, that I do not hear from the family I grew up with but about once a year or sometimes when a major event has happened usually if someone dies(sometimes not even then) and especially not on the day I was born. I do not in fact hear from any of my "family" members whatsoever, including my mother who gave birth to me on this day, another story for another day nor my sister or my brother.

My Birth Days have turned into more of a celebration of another sort. I recall the events that happened through out my years the good and the bad alike. The birth & death of my children, the birth & deaths of my marriages, the birth & deaths of my relationships with those who birthed me & those who raised me and my survival through it all. The growth one makes living this life!

With that said, I say, enjoy and celebrate the day you were born because we are all born for a purpose. God created us to complete a journey that is only special to you! Mine has been grueling at times and wonderful at other times. And do hope when the day comes I reach my journeys end that I am able to stand before God and explain my life, the good and the bad, in a way pleasing to Him. And do hope to Thank Him For The Day I Was Born, My Birth Day!

  "One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind."-Rom 14:5

If you missed the "Blood Moon" event in the wee hours of the morning be sure to stop over at Shutterbugs to get a glimpse of it....gorgeous!

Ps. Last Day for Signing Up for the GiveAway....... think gifts for your wife or daughter or a friend even or maybe yourself. No cost!

Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I wish you a very happy day of your birth M.E.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I already wished you a Happy Birthday a couple of days ago. But guess what. I'm gonna do it again.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    Contrary to what some may think, birthdays are special and should be celebrated accordingly. I wish you a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love my birthday...when I was in my 20's I celebrated the day, in my 40's the whole week and in my 50's the whole month! I throw myself a birthday weekend and invite the gals I went to school with...all 7 of us and we've been meeting for this weekend for 38 years! Birthday's are so important...it's the time I take stock of my life and rejoice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, my dear friend. You and the day of your birth are very special. May it be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. first we both drive FJ Cruisers, and now the same age--hmmmmm
    44 is awesome and so are you! Hope you had a wonderful birthday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really???!!! That is cool! Thank you I did have a great birth day!

      Delete
  6. M.E.,

    Happy Birthday My Friend, May You Have A Blessed Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy! For both Birthday Wishes.....Be on the look out for the drawing have a surprise in store for you both!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts