Table Talk News

Visits by the lake

Yesterday we went for a drive since the air was cold and the ground sloppy. We headed south hopefully to find some new places to explore. We ended up around the west side of Clearwater Lake. Both of us would like to eventually own a little plot by a lake/river to enjoy all it has to offer. Anyhow, while down there we run by these two fellas standing in their yard and decided to ask about a place for sale that was next door. To make a long story short, the one fella invited us over to his house for couple beers and chicken wings. What a fun visit! It is nice to know that there are people still out there that welcome strangers into their home or should I say Man Cave!
Always so glad to get home when we are away for the day...it is so peaceful here in our little holler!
While out wondering around we stopped off at a road side stand that was selling fruits & vegetables I couldn't pass up the buy on sweet potatoes. The next stop was a garage sale now here I went to purchase a couple bibles as I like to collect them and the gentleman said he doesn't ever accept monies for God's Bible so he gave them to me even after I told him that I collect them he refused any monies for donations even. I did buy something else from the gentleman so I could feel better about the deal. We thanked him and off we went........I love the ol' books!



Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. Oh, I would love a Tuesday outing like this! All the fruit stands & garage sales around here usually only open on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to find folks so friendly that they invite you in? That's the way it should be - and used to be.
    By the way - sometimes I visit your blog just to feast my winter weary eyes on your daffodils!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh spring will be there soon! In the meantime I will keep them up for you to look at....

      Delete
  3. My mother-in-law collected Bibles and Rosaries...she lived to be 96 and had quite a collection...they are now here in my home. Your Tuesday outing sounds very nice...I love going for drives and making new discoveries close to home. The wildflowers are starting their bloom here and I'm looking forward to several long drives down the back roads to look at them...our area is world famous for the wildflowers...folks come from all over to photograph them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts