Table Talk News

Homemade Tortillas (Flour) or Chips

3 cups of Flour
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
Mix together then add 1/3 Cup of Canola Oil or Butter Until Crumbly. Then add 1 Cup of Hot Water. Mix until ball is formed.
Cover and Let Rest 30 mins. (Can leave in fridge overnight)
Divide into 12 balls. Roll out one at a time on a floured surface. Or like I did in a 2 gallon bag

Brush off excess flour, Cook* tortillas on ungreased griddle....serve warm.

*For Chips cut into triangles
Add them to a pan with hot oil in it.....(put about an inch or two of oil in a deep pan and heat)
Watching carefully for them to brown...place on paper towels and salt lightly.





Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you posted this recipe. I just came from JUGMs blog where she had homemade tortillas made into enchiladas. I've been wanting to make my own tortillas, but didn't have a good recipe. Will be trying this over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was over their too. The recipe link she has on there sounds really easy as well. I did this by hand. Oh and if you like butter do try these with butter instead of canola oil...yummy!

      Delete
  2. Aww shoot I am going to try the tortilla chips next. We made home made potato chips and the kids can't stop asking for them...so this need so to be added to my list of what to make... Thanks for posting the idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry I didn't have this up sooner but it looks as if you found a great recipe as well. I am sure they will love these.... Add a little cinnamon & sugar sprinkled on top for that "elephant ear" taste. or Honey drizzled on top. Kids will love them and you too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts