Table Talk News

Preparing

I,  like many of you, are so ready to get my garden started outside. This weather is hindering me a little bit plus I am waiting on my soil results before I plant a thing. Calling on that tomorrow! So in the meantime, I have been busy preparing the crops to plant. Potatoes for instance, they came in the mail in paper bags and I laid out newspaper, cut potatoes as instructed and laid them out on the newspaper for up to 4 days to scab over to put into the ground.





Checked on the other seeds I planted this past weekend and I already have some showing signs of growing!


My laundry room is starting to look a lot like a greenhouse. :)

Weather is changing once again......looks like we are to expect some moisture tonight and tomorrow. Hang in folks we are gonna see spring despite the weather....do hope the trees and flowers don't suffer to much.


Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I planted my potatoes last weekend! I always feel so good once I have them safely tucked in the soil. How many varieties did you plant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only planting the one variety--Kennebec Potato best for long term storage needs

      Delete
  2. M.E.,

    Your seeds are growing like crazy, that's a great sign.

    I've got my potatoes cut and ready to go. Hopefully tomorrow or the Friday I'll have them in the tires with soil.

    Enjoy the moisture, it will surely help the garden areas, trees, and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool....I enjoy reading your gardening tricks. When I was growing up (west coast) we used old tires for tomatoes to keep heat and moisture in them...they did wonderful!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts