Table Talk News

Postponed-:(


Every year (not day, oops!) on this day is a special day for my household. This is the Anniversary of the death of my two "babies". Around 5:30 pm, 17 yrs ago both of my children, their daddy and stepmom were killed in Oregon heading to the coast for spring break camping trip. Hit by a drunk driver who was on his way home from work. http://victimsofadrunkdriver.blogspot.com/

Today we had marked this day to bury their urn, plant some flowers over in the pines that I had picked out but due to weather(snow flurries and wind chill of freezing) I have postponed it! Maybe this weekend it will happen. I have waited for a place of permanence to put this urn and all its memories that are inside. Their ashes are no longer in it but their are some trinkets and notes and things from everybody that will stay in the urn and will be buried. Their crosses that someone made for them are buried in our moving container so probably wont' get to them until a later date. Oh, well this too shall pass! Damn weather!! Ok I said it.


Oh and in other news, I may have a job working at the Post Office. Looks as if the gal there may need a little help during the week. Our post office went down to 26 hrs a week in January I think it was and she says she would probably need me for 22 1/2 hrs a week. So who knows what is up with that.....In Sept they are gonna look at the hours again and probably will cut it back some more. I think it will be fun to work there, get to know the community a bit and see who is in need.

I did however go to my chiropractor appt today and Tom went to his therapy appt today. Now we wait out another storm passing through that is giving us a little snow and freezing cold weather.

I read last night how some are having it hard already. One blog mentioned about the Pig disease that is killing piglets left and right, which I was not in the know, and how prices were gonna double if not triple by years end. I will tell ya folks I have already seen a jump in pork prices. Then you have the beef shortage already not counting the winter disasters we have had and beef prices heading their way up some more. Is Chicken still alright? Guess I will be fishing A LOT this summer!!

Then that doesn't count the vegie prices and fruit prices......with California out of water. Yikes! If you are not in the know better get there and prepare!!!! Even if it means raising some vegies in 5 gallon buckets!! Collect your pennies, buy some buckets(hardware store, feed store) and get some dirt from somewhere, raise them on your front porch, back porch, in front of your glass door in the kitchen or in your living room with lots of light! You can grow it!! For two bucks a pack of seeds, some dirt and water, you can save yourself $100's of dollars for other things you may need like rice, beans or the occasional meat! If you have the availability have someone make you a cold box-for growing your vegies in. These are a great item to have and depending on your space you create for this you can grow a lot in it! Lettuce, carrots, radishes etc......

These are just some ideas for those who can't have a garden space. I used to live in apartment once in my life and if there is a will there is a way!

Well this is all I got today....it is Windy Out Did I mention COLD (37* at noon) And WINDY!!!
Ok I know I am leaving.... talk to ya tomorrow....I may hit the hot tub yet. Have to cover the ears tho'...




Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. So sorry you had to postpone something that is so dear to your heart. You are right. Damned weather!

    I have been hearing about rising meat and produce prices due to the reasons you mentioned. Every week I try to pick up whatever is on sale, and even what isn't, for what I buy this will cost more next week. The next project is to turn my window sills into an herb garden. You are right. Even in an apartment, I can grow something.

    It's not gonna get better any time soon, is it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather yes, the economy, No! Every month that goes by it gets worse....hopefully we can all help each other to make it to the other side.

      Thanks Vicki you are a sweet person I do really appreciate seeing you here!

      Delete
  2. What a nice memorial, hopefully the weather will provide a more pleasant day for rememberance soon.
    Good that you have a local fishing hole! We generally don't eat fish / seafood unless we can get it here as we have two huge lakes and the river just minutes away.
    Now I just gott'a get my bum going on the gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping for a nice day this weekend. crossing my fingers!
      Yes we are fortunate to be close to a nice river and a few creeks that have fish in them. I look forward to throwing in my line!

      Thank you Carolyn for stopping by it means a ton you were here today!

      Delete
  3. I did not know about losing your family and am so sorry. I know this day wasn't particularly easy for you, weather or not. Sounds like it's a tough time for all of us, considering how things are going. Great tips on apartment gardening! You are so right about being able to make a difference if we just try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh!
      I truly believe if we work to help each other we are helping ourselves.
      Thanks for stopping by do hope you come again.

      Delete
  4. M.E.,

    I'm so sorry to hear you were able to bury the urn because of weather. Hopefully, this weekend you'll be able to
    bury the urn in a very special place. This weather has just be so unpredictable.

    I've heard of diseased pigs, and to be careful when buying any type of pork in the next several months.
    As for beef and chickens.......prices are to increase because of the drought and problems getting feed.
    The fruit and vegetables in stores will go up in price again (the drought is why the increase).
    So if you can garden, I say everyone should do so and can, freeze, or dehydrate when ever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Yes And Yes! Thanks for coming Sandy always glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts