Table Talk News

2 For The Price Of One-Recipes

Double Batch-Cornbread
 Cornbread From Scratch
425* Oven for 23-27 mins
 1 c Flour
1 c Cornmeal
1.2 C sugar
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/4 C oil
1 C milk
1 can of corn or creamed corn
mix all together and put in greased pan and bake 






 Green Bean Casserole
350 oven  30 minutes
1 Can of Cream Soup
1 cup of milk
2 cans of green beans
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 cups French Fried Onions more if you prefer

 Mix all but 1/2 cup of the onions together and dump in pan and bake when done with 30 mins add the remaining onions on top and bake another 5 mins.
**********************************************************************************
Ok Now I will tell you how I do this recipe: This makes a double batch....enough to feed about 6 people or more depending on portion sizes..
I take two quarts of home canned green beans drain the water off dump in large bowl add one package of Walmart French Onions and about 1/4 cup of the another bag. In another bowl I mix 2 cans of creamy soup together with 1 can of milk mix together and make it thick like good gravy consistancy if I need to I add water to get this effect. Add this to green beans and onions. Add a healthy amount of Monterrey Steak Seasoning to the mix, about two teaspoons of garlic. And mix together well! Dump into 13x9 pan and bake
Then add the remaining bag(Onions) on top and bake another 5 mins.....


Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I absolutely love green bean casserole. I think I will like your recipe better than my standard one - I stole it and added it to my recipe box!
    I dehydrate lots of vegetables for long-term food storage. When I ran out of purchased cornmeal a while back, I got out a bag of dried sweet corn and ran it through my mini food chopper (like a itty bitty food processor) and used it in my cornbread recipe, which is pretty nearly the same as yours. It was wonderful. I don't buy cornmeal any more. It may be more expensive using my dried sweet corn, but the result is worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts