Table Talk News

A Spin On "Mary's 7 Layer Salad"

Hey Folks I had a craving for this salad again! That is twice in one week....but today I put a little spin on the recipe.
Instead of all the colorful and good for ya lettuce I used the traditional "iceberg" lettuce. Did not use mushrooms, green peppers or green onions this time instead I used cucumber and cooked red onions in with the bacon.
Did not use the dressing in my recipe this time either instead I took about a cup of cottage cheese and about 1/4 cup of ranch and mixed together for a new flavor. This turned out to be a great choice!

I wonder what this would taste like with craisens and raisens and maybe sunflower seeds on top! Ooiyyyyy!

 And one other trick I did today...the half frozen peas I put on top of the "hot" meat mix I put on top of the deviled eggs from this morning that went into the salad. This helped cool the meat down and unfroze the peas.

Put this in the fridge for half hour and Viola' it was ready to eat!

Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

Popular Posts