Table Talk News

A Mousy Kind Of Spa Day

Oh where to start..........
When day broke this morning we headed to the spa like we do most everyday, opened the lid and were hit with this site! Yes, Brown, Yucky Water!!! The temp is 104* and the smell is getting worse as the day goes on.....I pulled the filter to see if maybe I could figure out what could have possibly happened and it looks as if a mouse decided it wanted to try a night of bathing! So will have to wait until the weather gets above 30* and empty the spa, clean it(sanitize everything) and refill with fresh clean water. I have never seen anything like it........have to order more filters as I have used the two I had while switching over to our new way of keeping our spa. Can you see me convulsing all over from this? I sure hope we can get it all clean......
PS.....the smell in the laundry is coming from under the house...Mtn Man thinks it might be a dead rat from the shed we tore down. Does it ever end?? I know later on we will laugh about all this but now....argh!

This morning we woke to about a -5* and I think it maybe hit 15 as a high. Little breezy now.....
We then decided to head to the local cafe, The Hideaway for coffee and breakfast. After we caught everybody up down there we headed over to Denman's Stable to pay a visit. They were so nice to share their underground house and it's design with us. The stables were equally nice! Then we headed down to a neighbor of ours to see how he was doing. Things were good there too!

Upon arriving at home(13*) we decided to get the lumber off the front porch and build the fruit shelves that we had been planning on putting in for about a week or so. They turned out really nice!

Never mind the standing mess in the background........yes I am being very sarcastic!!



I can see everything again!!
While building these the neighbor we visited with this morning stopped by with some leftovers he had and you know for a bachelor he is a good cook. This dish is so comforting and yummy! Called and left message to get his recipe.....not even sure what they call it.....

Playing with my camera I took these standing inside my laundry room looking out the window....
Not sure what the little blue bird is but I saw a couple dozen Robins....does that mean spring is around the corner???


 Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. M.E.,

    Nothing like a surprise in the Jacuzzi, mice just are one of the weirdest little rodents I've seen when it comes to getting into things.

    I love your shelves..............when you're not home I'm coming over to snatch them up. I need more shelves in my kitchen. Nicely done!!!

    The meal your friend dropped off looks yummy, I would call it comfort food. The type of food that will warm you up and sit well on your stomach. If you get a copy of the recipe, will you consider sharing??

    Beautiful bird pictures, I sure hope it's a sign of Spring coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Yes those silly mice!
      For sure I will share.....he printed it off for me maybe I will pick it up over the weekend to share.
      I do hope it is a sign....thanks for stopping by Sandy!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts