Table Talk News

Split Pea & 30 Min Rolls







Inspired to make when I read Bacon & Eggs the other day. She had these fabulous 30 min rolls (I made mine with Whole Wheat Flour) that I just had to make which by the by they came out delish! Thank you Sci-Fi Chick
Now let's "crack on" , I made Split Pea Soup to go with them. I had some split peas in the pantry for who knows how long (thinkin 'bout 4 yrs- :)) I rinsed them in warm water a few times more like soak and drain for a few minutes but you get the point. I cut up a half an onion, handful of wee carrots cut-up, 2 tsp of minced garlic, pinch of parsley flakes, pinch of basil, 2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
Started cooking about 1/2 lb of bacon and added the (above) onion to this, cooked until done.
Added all the ingredients above to the slow cooker, crock pot, then added 2 1/2 quarts of water turned on high and cooked for 5-6 hrs. Check your peas to be sure they are soft or in this case falling apart. 
Normally one would mash this all up to make a thick slurry but I like to see everything in my food so I kept everything whole. Mtn Man enjoyed this much better not much of a split pea soup kind of guy nor am I but this way we both thought we could have this more often throughout the year. 

30 min rolls or there abouts:  
Mix 1c plus 2 TBsp Warm Water, 1/3 C Oil, 2 TBsp yeast & 1/4 C Sugar together and let rest for 15 mins.
When the time is up add 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 egg, 3 1/2 C Flour,  mix together to form a large ball.
Divide into 12 little dough balls, place on greased 9x13 pan let them rest for 10 mins. Bake in 400* oven for 10 mins or until your knife comes out clean...... 



                             ******Don't Forget To Sign Up For The Giveaway*******
 Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

Popular Posts