Table Talk News

Updates


Good Morning Folks! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend wherever you are. Here in America the air smelled of BBQ's and Gunpowder! 239 yrs later the Big Boom from the fireworks hasn't gotten old!
Hubby and I enjoyed a relaxing weekend....well somewhat relaxing...ha ha. We find working on our farm is relaxing. We worked in the yard and garden yesterday getting it mowed and tilled. Then we BBQ'd a couple pork steaks, baker potatoes and had a salad. It was refreshing after a hard days work!
The garden has been producing beans, jalapeno peppers, crooked neck squash, acorn squash and we got our first tomato out of the garden yesterday! It needs to sit for couple days but it is colored! Pulled all the onions... have decided next year to not plant sets probably will try from seed to see if they do better. The sweets did alright but the sets did horrible. In fact the reason I pulled them is because they had green mold on them.... to much rain I suspect.

This year the garden is slow to produce really. I think it is the weather! Have you ever heard of a zuke plant not producing? I hadn't until now....lots of flowers but no production. For that matter that goes for the a lot of the plants. Not sure what to think.....I hope it is not the case with my potatoes although the other day when I was weeding them I did run across a small potato from under the weed sooooo.....
We shall see.
The wild blackberries are out. I am hoping to gather some for the freezer it looks like a great bounty just waiting to be picked.
We are expecting to see a few days of rain again. Which just means I won't need to water the garden. I have watered it twice this year! Back home in Montana they are having the opposite issue...little to no rain and are burning up! It seems a little scary for the folks back home to have no water. It already is a "hard" place to live if you are a self sufficient type. Growing season is very short and then you add lack of water, oh boy not looking good!
Ordered the parts we need for the hot tub yesterday. Been out of commission for awhile now. Had a friend come over who is an electrician to hunt down the part that wasn't working and hopefully it is the right one. We think it is in the electrical unit that controls the flow. We shall see. I MISS my hot tub time. My muscles are screaming for some serious relaxing! When I don't have it I can see where it truly helped my disposition and my body!! LOL! But I am still moving which is important. Parts can't come quick enough!
Today we will finish up with the trimming before the rains hit. 

Goals for this week....finish up the floor in the shop, get the walls up and maybe get started on the posts for our cabin out back! Who knows we may actually have new digs before the winter months hit!! Would be so nice!
Ok I guess that is all for now....will keep you posted!
Have a blessed day!
 

Love hearing from ya!!!! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

Popular Posts