Table Talk News

Brown Bomber

Well since ya asked ....yes it is still raining! I am not complaining the ground was thirsty. We did get a bunch though. We had some buckets in the back of the buggy and I believe we had 4+ inches of rain in them. Did I mention it is still raining! 
The trees have really taken on some new colors. We noticed even the oaks are changing...winter is not far off.








*********************************************************************************
Now to the Brown Bomber
Here she is in all her glory...
We loaded her up with all the garbage to take to the transit center. Now on this load there is old furniture, bbq, can full of old asphalt shingles (been layin on its side for months) and burn barrels. And off we went.....Now this truck is so noisy that you really can't have a conversation in it..should probably be wearing hearing protection but we don't. We get there just in the nick of time....lunch break was fast approaching...we had to shut the gate behind us! Paid our $18 to unload, started to unload, taking the can with the shingles in it....out pops a snake!! At first glance looked like a rattler but upon closer inspection it may have been a rat snake ended up being a dead snake. Crossed the street unloaded some other recyclables, realized we left the wooden tail gate at the transit site. Had to "break" back in to retrieve it.
I needed to stop off at the market so off we went in that direction. Looking over at Mtn Man I could see that he was a bit worried about something in the steering. It made some funny noises and crunching when he turned. Of course with my rather opinionated self I state the obvious, something is wrong! I got the look.....you know the one that says "No duh sherlock". From there on out I couldn't help but make noises myself...just can't help it!! He stayed with BB while I went into the market, few minutes went by and off to CarQuest we went to buy connector hoses for his tractor so he can use the grapple at the mill. $160 and 15 mins later we were out of there. Then we had to head to the grain store....now mind ya the noises are getting worse and the steering wheel has a lot of movement "play" in it that is not normal andddddd now when you turn the wheel it is honking!!!! Yes I said "HONKING". Oh my gosh, I was sliding down in my seat from embarrassment. We both broke out in laughter...Mtn Man had himself a great belly laugh over that one...good thing we were on a straight away. I put my seatbelt on, which as most everybody knows I hate those things, and were almost to the grain store announcing ourselves for the 1/4 mile in....yes you guessed it intermittent honking. Got the rest of the supplies and prayed that we would make it home in one piece. The steering wheel is getting worse as the miles pass.....as we approach our road our brown bomber announces we are home. We slide up the mile drive in one piece! She is parked until further notice!!!! I am guessing, now just guessing, that the steering column and components will need further work to run like a top! Thank goodness we don't have to depend on her to get us where we need to go.......

How did your day go?



If you want to leave a COMMENT please EMAIL me (MARYE.MASTERSON@GMAIL.COM) Love hearing from ya! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Popular Posts