Table Talk News

No Holds Barred

The cabin fever is no gonna hold us down!!
 
Yesterday started out cold but it did warm up a bit (40's). Things started melting. I went about my business doing chores. I went out to the goat barn with a bit of hay. I like to give them a bit of fresh (as opposed to the round bales they pick through) every other day only because I tend to give them to much. But it ends up being bedding for them too!
I do hope this year we can get some hay racks made for the little barn. Anyhoo, I stood and watched like I do and noticed the buck getting a bit more aggressive with the doe. So much so that she was blocking his butts! He kept at it antagonizing her, pushing her off the food. This worried me because she is so close to having little ones that I went to thinkin'!
I came back to the house and talked it over with Mtn Man. He was enjoying his pipe in his "forward command center" (His oversized chair on the front porch). We hashed for about 15 mins and we were off! We gathered what building items we needed to split the two up. And a hay fork to clean the pen out!
Couple People, Couple Panels, Couple Posts, Couple Boards, Couple Hours we had split them up. Now I didn't get pics yet (stay tuned I will post pics) but my Mtn Man did a fabulous job! 
I thought for sure Snickers would be screaming but she acted relieved to have some space from the little "guy".
Mtn Man cut a hole in the shed big enough for the goats ( for now the little buck) to get in and out. He made a divider inside the shed so they could see each other but not get their heads through (one can wish, right?). Outside he took two panels from down the middle of the shed to the other side and made a nice size pen. This spring he will get another gate to we can get a tractor in that side if need be and will get a proper people gate. What did I do? Well remember the hay rack or 3 prong hay fork? I cleaned the pen! That was a job and a half! My goodness I did not realize how built up it had gotten! I will watch that more carefully! Those "goodies" will probably end up in the garden or in a pile for next season. 
She now has new bedding and we are ready for babies! Maybe she will have them on the 25th (my kids 18th anniversary). This would a nice gift!
*******************************************************************************
We were pooped! We came in the house found some stuff to eat! Mtn Man was asleep by 8pm. Catching up on blogs I went over to Thoughts From Frank And Fern and read on her experience making rag rugs. I have always wanted to try this so I went to Youtube and really searched out for information. After looking over the different ways to make them I started in. I have a ton (10 good size plastic containers) of ol material from sheets to scraps to clothes for making my grandma quilts. I grabbed a set of sheets and found a large safety pin (2 actually). I used safety pins for starting and used one for punching the material through the holes. I based my know how on what was shared in the above blog. Rag Rug Cafe was the easiest for me to understand for this method. Sat down and went to work. I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it but look how it is so far....so excited!!

 I had full intentions on getting my beading project worked on but............LOL!
*********************************************************************************

I do not at this time have the ability to capture the sounds from our farm. I did want to find something like what we hear most days.
These pines are on a windy day as you can tell ....the moment that the sound is lighter is what we hear a lot of the time.
I do love the sound that pines whisper!

Today we have a river running through the farm from all the rain and melt off! It has been raining all night. Today we have seen sleet(like right now) and are to expect the temps to continue to drop turning this into snow by this afternoon. I am starting to get the spring itch.......
 
 Mtn Man is making breakfast...yes he does this daily! So I am off of here.

I am planning on getting that bead project done and off the loom today. I think there are three on there now so need to finish. Then I will work on the rug.....
Can't really do anything else with the weather being "ucky".
Have a great day! 
May God Bless All Your Efforts Today! 


If you want to leave a COMMENT please EMAIL me (MARYE.MASTERSON@GMAIL.COM) Love hearing from ya! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Popular Posts