Table Talk News

Waiting Out The Storm

Had a long night of worry worry worry!! Snickers was showing signs of good change yesterday. Then the storms came in with a purpose now! We ended up with 4" of rain overnight. Lightening was crazy and to boot high winds. So much so that I could feel the front wall of the house moving in my hands!!! 
It is still a bit windy this morning and 42* so the windchill ??? It is dang cold compared to yesterday's 72*. We are looking for lows in the high 20's the next few nights. I have had my conversation with Snickers and explained that maybe she should "suck it up" until the nice weather is back. We shall see what happens I suppose.....
I did scare myself last night though....
Goat pen in the distance...can you see it?

There was a break in the storm so I decided I better go check on the girl. Well I looked on the radar to see how much of a break, it showed about 15-20 mins so I thought. I walked over there through the creek just got to her pen and the rain started coming down again. I brought my umbrella so no worries there. Then the lightening started in, making my hairs stand on end. Dangit!! Now what do I do? I stood there for a moment had a good conversation with the "Man Upstairs". The idea was put in my head to walk close to the tree line to the creek then run from there to the house. Ok, next little some what break I went for it. You all would have been laughing at me all the way. See running is not in my playbook. I look like the hunch back runnin! LOL! I have a bad knee and it is difficult for me to run plus I guess the being a bit on the heavy side. That extra 50 lbs tends to bother a girl about then! Well most of the time it does but really when running OH MY GOD! So while running close to the tree line, lightening everywhere, umbrella up.  I am shouting "Please God Don't Get Me" repeatedly..."Are You listening, I sure hope you are" "Please Don't Get Me Lord"....reach the steps to the house with much relief...."Thank You God Thank You". Then it dumped rain for hours!! In the dark I tried to take pics and was able to get one.
During lightening strike..notice the creek rising in the background
Needless to say, I will probably be a bit more cautious next time! On the farm we tend to do things most people would consider crazy. But when your animals are what bring you income you tend to overlook the "crazy" and do it anyway! LOL! 
The creek this morning is overrun 
I took the 4 wheeler over this morning. Annie and Peanut followed which isn't all that unusual. But Annie (13 yrs old) trying to cross the creek, poor girl, was up to her shoulders and she is an ol dog! She is a trooper. I cheered her on while she struggled to make it. She doesn't like getting on the 4 wheeler nor does she like to be picked up cuz it hurts her.  Peanut (3 yrs old) well she is still young. It was up to her belly.

Today is Mtn Man's interview, in fact he is there right now. 8am appt. Cross your fingers, pray, whatever you do, for us! Thanks ahead of time........
 Well, that is all I have for now.
Have a great day wherever you are in the world!



Comments are BACK!!! 
Love hearing from ya!
 Comment Below

 FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife
 Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. Yeah, we had a doozy last night as well. I had to check on the goats during the storms, but I didn't have to run nearly as far as you did, NOR have to ford a creek! Glad you made it back safe and I'm crossing fingers, toes, lighting incense, doing a naked pagan dance....well, maybe not that....for your husband's interview to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carolyn! I just got the call from him....HE GOT THE JOB! Wahoo. Making an official announcement tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad he got the job! What crazy weather you had. Glad you were ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts