Table Talk News

Wowser

It has been a busy few days and looks like this project is going into the weekend. The guys just went up for more supplies to make their job easier. They are at the sheeting part of the roofing and are thinking that roofing the lower section will help make things safer for the upper roof. I am all about safety when it comes to any kind of job especially such as this one!
We, yes me included, were able to get all the trusses up! Between helping them and making the meals I do believe I walked about 10 miles. At least that is what my body is saying today! I for the most part just stuck to cooking today.
 Back to the project, the only things they used yesterday was ladders, air nailers, measuring tapes, carpenter pencils and brute force! These trusses were not the easiest. Once we figured out a system of getting them up it went like clock work! The part that became tricky was at the back or the end, they had to slide the trusses that were already up there along those walls without falling off!! It was a nerve wracking day for me! My job helping them was basically the "go getter". Can you go get this or that? And my other job was helping dad flip the trusses to stand up on top. Using a gadget they came up with to guide it from a hanging upside down position to a right side up position. Pretty nifty! Another job of mine was to make sure the point was in line with the string line already up there on top. So my neck is a little sore today from looking up all day yesterday.
Today they went up and took the temporary stabilizers down (2x4's nailed up there) and put permanent stabilizers up today. Adding angle braces to the end caps so they don't sway side to side. Tedious stuff but necessary!
Have lots of pics and will share some with ya!














 

If you want to leave a COMMENT please EMAIL me (MARYE.MASTERSON@GMAIL.COM) Love hearing from ya! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Popular Posts