Table Talk News

"Chatty Cathy"

Feeling like a chatter box today. That's what blogs are for, right?

I decided since it was rainy and cold that I would brew up something in the ol' crockpot. So last night before bed I dusted off the ol' crock and went to work. I have jars of dry beans in my pantry so I picked up the 15 bean jar and poured out, in the bottom of crock, about half a jar which came to about 3 cups. Then added double that in water, I don't think you can have to much water add more if you think it needs it. So in my large crock this came to about 3/4's full. Then I let them soak until this morning about 8 am. I plugged 'er in, turned 'er on high and started addin' seasoning: 2 pinches of marjoram, parsley, basil and 1 pinch of thyme. About 1 tsp of black pepper and 2 tsps of Montreal chicken seasoning. Oh and don't forget like I did, a pinch of salt. Cut up a whole onion and add, then add a package of ground sausage (1lb), mine was frozen so I shed it of it package and layed straight on top of the beans. I let this all cook for about 4 hrs in between stirring and chopping up the meat as it thawed in the pot. It is so yummy!!!! Enjoy!

 15 Bean Soup W/ Sausage & Onion
Oh and yes, I did get my house cleaned smells so nice and fresh. We have started using the wood stove now too so the dust will be continuous it seems. Dad is on the return as we speak so everything is in order for his return.

Couple weeks ago, we decided it was time to pull out more blankets before our stuff headed for Missouri. Silly me had them all packed! Anyhoo, blankets for us in this house are either croqueted or quilted. It is almost a ritual in our house when the weather changes, start a wood fire bring out the quilts. I love our quilts! Hubby's grandma Juanita made all the ones we have here. She would hand stitch the squares for the quilts then have them put together. A few yrs ago she had a stroke and can no longer hand stitch so these many quilts we have are very special to us all! She turned 92 this month and we miss her smiling face! We will be there soon Grandma!




Doesn't she do beautiful work? This is only a couple we have the others are packed will share another day!

Comments

Popular Posts