Table Talk News

Short Trip

John 5:8 - Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.

Moving is always a huge undertaking, I don't care who ya are. If you move out of an apartment or a huge house it is change!
I go from one room to the next and am still wondering where in the world did all this stuff come from? We had stuff coming 600 miles over here but not this much....it seems we will never get all our stuff moved another 1200 miles the other direction.



Then there is the clean up that goes along with moving. It is never ending! We live in a dusty prairie and it seems that every time the wind blows, which is a lot of the time, the dirt ends up inside this house to coat everything in its path. I hate dusting ask anybody you will see it in my house until I get to the point that I can't even stand it anymore! Today is a rainy day so I guess I will be cleaning up the joint like get it back to normal so I can see where we are in the packing department!
On another note, Hubby took me with him on one of the trips to Gillette. It was a nice drive. Saw all kinds of fall colors along the way. I am always amazed at the rock formation that jets out of the ground called "Devil's Tower". 
The legend is as follows:
The Tower (Lakota: Mato Tipila, which means “Bear Tower”) is sacred to several Native American Plains tribes, including the Lakota Sioux, Cheyenne and Kiowa. Many Native American legends have been passed down through time, but this legend seems to be the most popular.
One day, an Indian tribe was camped beside the river and seven small girls were playing at a distance. The region had a large bear population and a bear began to chase the girls. They ran back toward their village, but the bear was about to catch them. The girls jumped upon a rock about three feet high and began to pray to the rock, "Rock, take pity on us; Rock, save us." The rock heard the pleas of the young girls and began to elongate itself upwards, pushing them higher and higher out of reach of the bear. The bear clawed and jumped at the sides of the rock, and broke its claws and fell to the ground. The bear continued to jump at the rock until the girls were pushed up into the sky, where they are to this day in a group of seven little stars (the Pleiades). The marks of the bear claws are there yet. As one looks upon the tower and contemplates its uniqueness, it isn't hard to imagine this legend as fact.
Taken from  www.devilstower.net/legend.html‎ (although I had trouble getting on this website I cached it for the story)

Little Farm that I just love!

Hit a little rain on the way back and this is what we saw!



Comments

Popular Posts