Table Talk News

Back To The Grind

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning

I know it sounds kind of crazy, or does it, that I am always so happy for Christmas to be over! Whew! I survived another year! Thank you, God, in heaven!

Yes, we had a lovely holiday. But as most of you know, it is not the same without my kids. I tend to miss them terribly at this time of year!

I am looking forward to the new year, for sure! I feel the kids prodding me along to get the book complete. Slowly but surely!

On to other news, yesterday we had the day to ourselves. Like I said it was lovely but (which cancels out what I said before this word) we are workers and sitting around doing nothing is not our bag! We headed outdoors in the cold to find something to do. Mtn Man hopped on the tractor while I fed the critters and he started opening up the road to the sawmill. The dirt is great. Now we know where to go for more soil when we need it! In a couple hours, couple people and one good tractor we opened up a "jeep" road to the sawmill. Our thoughts on wanting to do this? Less gate action! The other way has two gates to go through...this way has none!

Interesting tidbit about this road, our drive (mostly county road) was once upon a time not too long ago, the old Bloomfield road. In Civil War days, this road had soldiers and indians marching on it. You have heard of Trail Of Tears? Yes, they were marched down this road. The road we just opened up, is part of that trail, too. Our older neighbor who comes to visit once in awhile, tells of a time when he would ride his horse up this valley to the top to head to town. Now you have to go around the paved roads to where he would come out. Lots of evidence of horse traffic on this road every once in awhile we find an ol' horse shoe or part of one on the road.


Copyright © 2017 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2017 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I have no idea why it is, but most times I feel the same sense of relief when Christmas has come and gone. I enjoy time with family. Maybe the expectations exceed the reality. In any case, I wish nothing but good things for you in the coming new year!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts