Table Talk News

Preparations For The Year

I canned my little heart out this summer/fall.
What was left of last year stock

 I ordered some chickens in this last week. I try to do this every year because we get a good deal on bulk chicken. I want to get some raised ourselves and hope to this next year. Anyhoo, I picked up my bulk order this morning. They are packaged and in the freezer.
It occured to me this morning that I wonder how many folks do this for themselves? Instead of running to the market every night, how about having it ready in your freezer? plus it is a savings to buy it this way! 24 to a box. $1.19/lb Heck ya!


 Our favorite way to eat this.....I stick one in a pot in the oven/grill with my home canned potatoes, canned carrots and some Mrs. Dash for hour and half to two hours. Yummy supper! Soooooo Easy!!


Copyright © 2017 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2017 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. M.E.,

    Canning from your garden is the way to go!

    Did you get your bulk chickens from a local grocer?

    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did! our little grocery store here in town. awesome people!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts