Table Talk News

Treats For The Chickies

Monday it rained like the dickens in the first half of the day and the second half was blasted hot! My girls were grateful for the shade from the big trees which was a bit cooler. I hopped on the tractor in search for some entertainment for them. I first started in the horse/goat pen. Grabbed up some old hay to lay in the top of the pen so maybe in couple days I can turn it and find bugs. Then I wanted some old logs to place out in their pen so I could turn them in a few days for bugs. Got the idea from another blogger which I can't remember, sorry!
then I thought well maybe under some of those old logs would be all kinds of bugs of all sorts and worms. I dug up a half a scoopful and we hit paydirt. The girls love it!!
I will continue to find new things to introduce to them to keep things interesting. Because they can't roam or I may not have any chickies left! To many predators in our little valley for loose chickens!
Don't they look so happy!

See the logs and the old hay...they were to busy pickin bugs in the dirt pile to notice









the three little ones decided they wanted to lay in the shade for awhile..to hot to fight with the big girls



Love hearing from ya!!!!
 FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife
 Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. Interesting ideas, M.E. Thanks!

    Fern

    ReplyDelete
  2. M.E.,

    Your chickens are loving the dirty you dumped.
    I would be laying in the shade too if the chores would get done for me.

    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts