Table Talk News

Tractor Break Down

With my running streak of luck I will add one more item to the pot!
I was brush hoggin Tuesday evening not anywhere crazy to cause an issue really. All of the sudden I hear something that is not normal. I see liquid spraying out like crazy and a loud hissing noise. So I stop the tractor to check it out. What do I see my tire is going flat. The liquid is from inside the tire. They add liquid to the tires to help keep the tractor on the ground when you pick up something on the front end. Balancing the tractor, really.
I limped it over to where it would be more accessible for a tire man. Made a few phone calls and found somebody who would come out to repair the tire. I had no idea what the issue was just that it was flat. I was beyond frustrated by this time. Having a pity party all to myself!
The guys and his girl show up last evening prepared to get the job done. North Main Tire in Fredericktown, Mo is under new management. The folks they have running it now seem to know their stuff. I wish them all the best!!
Anyhoo, the guys accessed the problem. Result= broken valve stem which is now bent.
The adjusting bar on the three point system lost a pin, swung over and sheered the valve in half. Crazy, right? I said well at least the tire is alright. They are spendy to replace!
They jumped right in to fix the tire. Emptied the liquid into that black barrel so they could move the tire. Then peeled the tire off the rim so they could get to the bent valve stem. That took a bit to remove being bent and all.
They replaced the stem with a new one. Put the tire back together and on the tractor. Good as new!
Thank you North Main Tire & Oil for your service!

Ps. If you are reading this and are from the area call 561-4718 for assistance. Friendly, Helpful And Get The Job Done Right!
 

Love hearing from ya!!!!
 FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife
 Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. M.E.,

    It's really great to have a company you can trust to take care of your tire problems at home.
    Good to hear all is well with the tire!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts