Table Talk News

Weekend Updates


Saturday we celebrated Mother's Day at the In laws and had a wonderful time.


They put on a Shrimp Boil which is something I had never done before it was a little awkward at first but ended well. Corn, Shrimp, Onion, Potatoes all together in a big heap on some paper bags in the middle of the table.....dig in with your hands! I understand at other shrimp boils everybody eats around the grub with beers on the table and pigs out to their hearts content. We ate off our plates and had a great meal!! Thanks Mom & Dad for the great feed!
We ended with a dessert, Ice Cream Cake. This was my first ice cream cake and I was told it was very yummy not much to look at but tasted great!

Curly had his first saddle experience he did really well! Best personality!! Luv Him!!!!

Have a great week everybody!!!



******Don't Forget To Sign Up For The Giveaway*******
 Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I had heard about a shrimp boil, but have yet to try one. I think I will suggest that for our next family get-together. Looks like something everyone, especially the grandkids, would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I believe they would! I don't know any child who wouldn't think that wasn't fun!

      Delete
  2. We're from Northern California and were not familiar with low country boils until we had a daughter move to the deep South...now they are our "go to" party meal. My son's engagement party was a huge "low country boil" given by his 3 sisters...it was the talk of the county for a couple of years...YUMMY...Northerners just don't know what they're missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. M.E.,

    Shrimp boil, those are so much fun. It sure looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
    Is this a new horse for you? If so, congrats he gorgeous.

    I really like your new blog header. You both did a great job on making this garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my colt born out of my arab mare this last year. Thank you
      I am really proud of our garden, starting from scratch to this who wouldn't be proud? Thanks Sandy always
      great to visit with ya!

      Delete
  4. Ok, now I definitely have to put "Shrimp Boil" on the Things To Do This Summer list! Sounds like you had a great time & a great Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Do That! It was Fun!!! Nice to see ya Carolyn!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts