Table Talk News

Smoking Meat

If done right I love smoked meat!! As a kid the only thing I can remember smoked was salmon which may still be my favorite.
Today we had two briskets that needed to be smoked and a whole turkey that I wanted to try. I have to say they both turned out wonderful!
The brisket and turkey were smoked for hours after having thawed overnight.
In the turkey I put a whole onion and about 6 cloves of garlic covered it with bacon.
The brisket I covered in a cajun/steak seasoning rub.
While the smoking process was going using sassafras wood (fruit wood works well too) Mtn Man would slather them with a vinegar/water/butter mix every so often. 





Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. Thanks a lot! Now I'm starving and I was doing so well with no food today.

    Great post. I love smoked meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to have ruined that..but cant' pass up smoked meat!!

      Delete
  2. The brisket appears to be fork tender, and too far away to go steal a bite, or two. Oh well, my imagination thanks you and my stomach rumbles in appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I with Gail....I'll be late for dinner. And, thank you for the kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. M.E.,

    Well golly gee............were all gonna have to come to your house for some smoked turkey, brisket, and fixings (we all should bring a fixing).

    Everything looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.
    electronic cigarette reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good artcile, but it would be better if in future you can share more about this subject. Keep posting.
    Vapour Discount Codes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts