Table Talk News

Outside Looking In



From my diary on Feb. 14, 2018
I have been watching a movie about a man’s faith. It has moved me with such emotion that I felt I needed to write it all down.
How is it that one man can change the minds and hearts of a non-believer? He never criticized anyone for how they believed. Not once did he make another feel small because of how they felt. All he did was show love and gracefully turned it back to God. Agree to disagree.
We as humans, have a tendency to want to prove ourselves right to another. When really one could graciously say something that would make the other think about God. Taking it off ourselves and back to Him.
I read a scripture today in Matthew 5:45 that reads “To show that you are the children of your Father who is in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the wicked and on the good, and makes the rain fall upon the upright and the wrongdoers [alike].” Which answers the question, why does God allow His believers to suffer? There is no dividing line, no special treatment for us who do believe Him. We all are in imperfect therefore, it is one for all and all for one. He has promised us a day of reckoning for Satan. I believe that day is coming. Sometimes, it seems a lifetime away and maybe it is but I feel we are living in the ‘end times’ that my folks spoke of all those years of growing up.
This spiritual journey that I have been on for years is slow. But I feel God’s presence in everything I do, right or wrong. These last five years have been quiet, and peaceful. I know he has something for me to do but it is not quite the time yet. I am sure I will be on the other side of this deal and wish I was back in my little shack longing for those peaceful days again.



Copyright © 2018 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2018 M.E. Masterson

Comments

Popular Posts