Table Talk News

Crochet Of Old

This crocheted afghan was made by my friends great grandmother. Best I can figure early 1900's as late as 1920-30 era. What a gift!!
See she had no children so she has no one to pass it too. Her sister does not want it. Anybody that would care to have it, is gone. I love, love preserving our past! She knows this about me. I am so grateful! It needs a bit of cleaning and a couple spots to repair but for the most part it is in great shape considering how old it is.
If anybody has any ideas as to age or pattern used....let me know!
White cotton thread crochet was used to make this Afghan if that helps any.

Pictures don't do it justice.


Copyright © 2018 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2018 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. That afghan is wonderful. I can't imagine the hours put into making it. My mother crocheted with cotton thread, but she made only doilies that took weeks to finish. I never could get the hang of crocheting with thread and a tiny hook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have it. It's beautiful. I have blankets my grandmother made.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts