Table Talk News

Fall In The Air

The weather has changed here drastically! Went from high temps in the 90's to now temp in the 50's....today we both commented how it felt like winter in the air(it might have gotten to 60 degrees today but I doubt it).....not pushing for the cold believe you me don't want that yet or at all for that matter. But I really don't mind this fall like weather we are having.
Mtn Man is pushing ahead to get his shop built....won't be long and will have the posts in the ground before the frost!
We had a storm blow through day before yesterday that brought 2" of rain and in some places it was considerably more. Our garden was running with water....
I went out today to check on the new row of beet seeds and despite the rain they are peeking out of the ground. I was afraid they would wash out....will keep hoping that they all make it!
The beans are still coming on so yes, I am still canning....I guess I really won't be done with that until the garden freezes over....
Tomorrow I will pick, it was still to wet today for that.....
I started a project today that Mtn Man helped me finish....hanging all my cast iron pans. They have been in a crate under the table since we got here and I really wanted them where I could easily access them. I use my pans for everything.....and have for years.
 Whatcha think? It is so us! Eclectic..... Notice the recipe books in the hallway.. so looking forward to a cupboard to fit them in..... I do have to tell ya tho' when I measured for the boards on this wall it was amazing how different it is from top to bottom... in width I mean. For example that top board measures bout 29 1/4", the bottom board was 28 1/4". Not sure who the builder was but he might not want to quit his day job! Mtn Man made comment that he hoped the weight of all the pans on this wall doesn't pull that side of the house down to collapse on itself! Yikes! No really it is scary! Not sure if you can see it but if you look in that doorway there is a makeshift support for the doorway and in the corner it is coming apart like a gap that I can put my pinky finger in! Surprises us that this house is still standing....maybe it is in it's own vortex of space?
Ok doo doo doo doo....she went off kilter captain......I am back! So anyway, I, uh, did make a lasagna for dinner today and was it ever tasty! Wanted to try the crockpot lasagna but then time got away from me and well I made it in the oven.....made some rolls to go with it....cheated on those, Rhodes Rolls.....so good!
The recipe for this I will put in my Recipe (page 2) page. It is so easy and quick to prepare(20 mins). Baking it is the long part of the deal. One a person could prepare ahead of time and have one of the kids throw in the oven before you return from work. 
My dishwasher is fixed and it runs great!!! Happy Camper!!

Well that is all for now......Have a safe fun weekend wherever you are!!
Ps.....I want to say Thank You to everybody who stops by and reads my babble everyday. It is amazing to me that you folks from Finland, Greece, Spain, Russia, Ukraine, England, Australia, Indonesia, China, Poland, Germany, India, Philippines and my beloved country The United States of America( I am sure I am missing some) come over to read regularly. I guess what I am trying to say is this...Thank you from the bottom of my heart! May God Bless You!
Can find us on Facebook now too! 
 https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife
Contact by email (marye.masterson@gmail.com) with comments or subscribe to receive by email and reply directly to it........ Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Popular Posts