Table Talk News

Community Connections

Ooooooo...SO EXCITED! I just got a call from a friend/neighbor(thank you P) who was telling me about this community co-op...she asked me if I had heard of it..and much to her surprise I hadn't! Tell me more.....so I went to the website Bountiful Baskets. This is so awesome, all contributions made by purchasing a basket of vegies/fruits goes entirely to purchasing the goods by the volunteers(run by 100% volunteers) to give to the community who are involved in the co-op. It was explained to me that a basket is about the size of a small round laundry basket you can find at Wal-mart for a contibution of $15.00-$25.00(each basket depending on whether you opt to have organic or not) plus there are other choices on the order page for extras if you like. This Co-op is run all over the U.S. To find out more go to the website and check out where the locations are by state and it is as easy as registering on the site and placing your order. There is more about how much it costs etc on the page....Goody Goody...Go check it out for yourself....Can't wait to see what I am getting on Saturday!!!! Mine will come into Camp Crook......I will post pics when they arrive......I purchased 3 baskets $45.00 plus a $9.00(first time basket charges), 5 loaves of Sourdough Bread-$10, Strawberries-(8) 1lb. Clamshells-$11.00....For us who live in areas where vegies and fruits are so expensive you have to offer up your first born to buy them this is a deal!




You can find them on Facebook Too!
This co-op reminds me of when I was younger, in the 80's, and we attended the community co-op in town where I grew up and we helped with all kinds of things. Lots of yummy food to try too!

*UPDATE* We went and picked up our produce and it was fabulous! We had a bunch of spinach, head of leaf lettuce, 1lb of potatoes, a few bananas, a few tomatoes, about 10 apricots, couple of mangos, a little tray of blackberries, a melon, avocado and a whole pineapple. Our tray of strawberries are so good!!!!! and the bread is awesome! We will do this again...yummy!!!

Comments

  1. A friend of mine did this in AZ and she really loved getting her baskets. You'll have to let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to see what we got this time...very pleased!!
      http://maryslifeinmontana.weebly.com/1/post/2012/05/bountiful-baskets-community-co-op.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts