Table Talk News

Family Comes To Visit

After kissing the ground...I healed nicely didn't take long just a few bumps no bruises.
Have so much to talk about, let's see, family stayed for about a week and half left this last Sunday. They saw the life we lead at the present and agreed that it is for those who have the desire to live it. They got to see lots this trip without even leaving the property! Collecting semen, roundups, calves of all ages, lots of wildlife and tons of open sky! We had the fencing crew on top of it all, so they helped make meals for them as well. We so appreciate all the help they lended while here!
Our first bummer of the year.....


 Pushing the Bulls down the shute to get them ready for collecting their semen. 4 out of 5 passed the test. We had one of the bulls injure himself a month back and he is the one who did not pass as of yet. Hopefully he does pass here in a month or two.


The machine the doc brought had issues so the doc had to test the ol' fashion way!
This is the first time I had been involved in a procedure like this with cattle. After taking this picture Mom had to go back to the house...she didn't feel like watching anymore. Can you blame her? The point to all this is to see if they are able to breed when the time is right. We AI all our cows and use the bulls to cover them after AI-ing.



Angus(Bryan's Dog) keeping watch on the cows

Earl and Tom discussing options

Lyfa causing havoc

The two mules, Hank and Teddy, ready to go!

Bryan and Nic saddling up!


Dad helping the Vaqueros get Hank saddled up!

Warming Nic up!






The Cowboys going to roundup the cows
Headed for their two mile trek to new pasture...

Auntie M and April
 We ALL had fun while they were here......went to the BIG town of Camp Crook, SD for supper a few times.....
Gotcha!

Notice in the back our local Deputy Sheriff...

Dad, Mom, Hubby, and Earl


Our Server and Waitress, Janet! She is a kick!!!




My Love!




We look forward to their return for the summer!
On another note, my birthday is right around the corner and much to my surprise I received a few early birthday presents. One cute little hat which I will wear until it wears out I am sure, another are these glorious rooster windchimes(luv the sound), and last but surely not least my lovely hubby bought me a 60' round pen!! He pulled one over on me real good!!!





Looks like tomorrow my chicks are being shipped from their home(Missouri) via the USPS and should arrive here in just a couple days. Then next Monday I go to pick up my other chicks from Finkbeiner's in Belle Fourche, SD. So I am getting things ready for their arrival, heat lamps, feeders, waterers, etc..



Oh and that new goat, Cecelia, is gonna have a baby???. The vet looked her over and he thought that she was carrying....so we shall see. I hope so!!! I just love babies......
Well this is all for now.......









Comments

  1. What we country gals get for birthdays!!! I once got a bird dog pup I didn't ask for. Oh...and the lawnmower motor for Mother's day (that one I did ask for!) Heeehehehe!!!

    'Looks like ya'll had some real good help there. I always feel blessed when Farm Boy hires some "Strongbacks". We've got 77 head of feeder cattle to work but I think I heard hubs say...it won't be bad...you and I can work 'em! Sounds like some famous last words to me! :o)

    From the busy hills and hollers of the wonderful Ozark Ponderosa, ya'll have a blessed and beautiful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the it won't be so bad.....ha ha on the lawnmower motor.....thank you for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts