Table Talk News

So it begins....

Well it looks like our calving season is starting earlier than we planned. We bought some 2 yr old heifers a month ago and on the sale papers it said they were due around Feb 15th, wrong! We had one heifer(900 lbs) give birth to a 92 lb bull calf....it did not survive. We have another that is acting like she may go into labor so are keeping a close eye on her.

Our truck driver delivered a new toy for the guys......hay trailer for feeding! This new toy makes their job a whole lot faster! They so appreciate it!
Our weather all of a sudden changed to snow and very cold this last week with temps in the single digits and lows below zero with wind chill as low as -28. This weekend it looks like we are gonna see warmer temps into the high 30's with lows in the teens. Our cows and yearlings are much happier with warmer temps!
Yesterday I made a soup that was so yummy.....have to share.....Side Note..Hubby and I have been trying to watch what we eat and follow the Atkins Diet, which has been more like a guide not the word. Hubby has lost 17 lbs since Christmas and myself 13 lbs. So when I wanted a Taco Soup I was looking around the net and found this recipe I was talking about a few sentences back.
Low Carb Taco Soup *NOTE* I made a few changes like I added Taco Seasoning in place of the seasonings listed, Added Ranch Dressing Packet, I took 2 cans of whole tomatoes and blended them in place of Ro-Tel, Added a pint of my homemade canned salsa in place of Ro-tel, I did not add heavy cream at all nor the beef broth instead I added one can of water.
The taste was out of this world!! So creamy, tasted like a Meaty Creamy Tomato Soup with a Kick!!!

Comments

Popular Posts