Trust

For the most part, I doubt people, therefore I don't trust. My in laws could tell you it took about five years for me to trust them! Oh that is a story for another day as that is not where I am going today in this message. 
For the most part, people will disappoint you. Even myself! Isn't that true for you too? How can it be any other way as we were created imperfect? 
I was raised to trust God. And at one time, I believe I did. But somewhere in my late teens I lost that. 
Humans, my parents (all of them) could not be trusted. Heck not sure they trusted each other! Two sets of them is exhausting, I digress! 
So in my mind , if I couldn't trust the folks I could see? The same blood ran through my veins as theirs but I could not trust them. Manipulation, love on conditions, it's no wonder!
My stepmom asked me one time, if I trusted God? I said probably not! She deduced that I probably didn't because I didn't trust man! True she was not wrong. 
So, you may ask, what about now?
I do not trust man for sure!! 😂 
As far as God, my Father, yes, I trust Him! I respect Him and I love Him. I want to please Him with my every move. Do I fail, oh yes definitely. 
But the one constant I have is He shows up for Me everyday! I can count on that! No matter how I feel or how pissy I get. He shows up!! 
I can TRUST that!! He loves me unconditionally!! 
Even when my heart has been broken so many times, even when I blamed Him for that very brokenness. He remained by my side, held me, protected me! Did I know that He was there, yes I did. 
That built Trust! I could count on Him!!
I still don't trust man! 
They will continue to disappoint.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugghh

Tilapia, Shrimp & Broccoli Rice

Start of Christmas Week