I made it!
I'm back!
I made it back home. Now when I got here to Clinton Montana I had every intention of staying close to my Tom. But God always has different plan and sometimes it's hard to read God's plan. But looking back I can see where he was working in the background in my chaos!
So let's go back a bit to catch everybody up on what's happened.
Since my last post I sold the Yellow She Shack Mercantile in Marquand Missouri. A family of folks took it over and put their spin on it. I wish them much success!
At present, I'm in the process of selling my home front property down there in Missouri and purchasing a property in Montana.
When I left there in June I had hired a moving company to move me. That turned into a disaster!
A few friends and myself packed up the U-Hauls and we drove to Clinton in 3 days. It was a good trip. I prayed the whole way!
After putting my friends on a plane I contacted, via Facebook marketplace, some folks who volunteered to help me unload the U-Haul. The other U-Haul my friends here in Clinton helped me to unload it. I acquired a cabin rental and had a 40 ft Conex container delivered previous to coming and unloaded what I could into that. Like I said chaos!
But I got here!
Once I settled in to the rental, my plan was to stay here until spring or so and then really get down to looking for a place in the next year. Because I knew that my place down there in Missouri was going to take a little bit to iron out and get sold. But God had a different plan!
About 2 weeks ago or so, I got up on Monday morning and packed a bag, packed the dog and jumped in the car and started driving. I wasn't sure exactly where I was going but I knew that God had a plan. So I was going to look for a house to buy. I was gone for about 3 days and I found a house about 4 hours from Clinton. It's a cute little house. it's in need of some tender loving care but I believe that I can take care of that.
I really wanted to stay in Clinton area but the prices of real estate have gone through the roof to say the least. A double-wide that has very little property with it is going for around $285,000 to $295,000 and there's nothing special about that double wide! Ridiculous prices! So needless to say, I had to go somewhere that I could afford to buy. This little house was listed for $125,000. It's in rural farm area where dry wheat is grown and there's views of the bear paw mountains.
(Not sure why this app did this but you get the gist! )
I'm just grateful that God helped me to find the place here in Montana.
When I first got here I had already put money down on another piece of property about 3 hours from here and I put money down on it sight unseen. I had an inspection done on it. But I felt like I needed to really give it a look over. And it really truly was not where I needed to be. It just did not feel like the spot.
Sometimes God has us what I call, chasing our tails! And I feel like he lets us satisfy our very basic desire and then chase her tail chase her tail chase her tail chase her tail! Until such time as he gets all the ducks in a row and reveals what he truly is wanting. Some would say well isn't that just a waste of money I mean you just gave away $500 because you didn't wait on God. True!!
So guess the lesson there is wait on God! And then there's this other thought, we are human, we are impatient beings. He knows this and we know this and he lets us fumble and stumble through this life. Did I just give away $500? I don't know I don't feel like that though. I don't know what the seller's circumstances are or were. But I do know that God had a buyer in mind because shortly thereafter it went into contract with somebody else. And the $500 well that went to the sellers as it rightly should have!
And it gave me the freedom to find the place that I believe God wants me to be. I'm very excited about this new piece of property! Yes it needs TLC but underneath it All I can see where someone loved this place and I want to bring it back to that place once again! The bones of the place are awesome most everything that needs to be done is fairly cosmetic.
So I sit and wait until closing October 16th, 3 years to the date that I put my husband in the ground!
I did not pick this date, my realtor who does not know me that well did pick the date. I find it suspect. Why you say? Because God has a way, with me anyway, of healing my heart!
He has a way of turning things around to the positive. So now instead of the date of remembrance of putting my husband to rest God has given me an anniversary of the day that he brought me peace.
Because you see I prayed for this house. I prayed for peace in my soul. I prayed for at least a view the mountains. I prayed and He is answering!
This house to me is a gift from God. In my mind, he is telling me that he is taking care of me
What lies ahead I have no idea in my mind it all stops with this little house but I am excited to see what this journey is about.
Will I ever be able to move back to Clinton? I don't know. I do know I will remain close to God though. He is my father, my friend and the leader of my house!
Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!