Table Talk News

Got That Springtime Feelin'

 Monday we pulled out the gloves and our workboots! We headed for the great outdoors!

We pulled together a plan to clean some things up. First, the chicken pen needed a make over. So while he was working on fixing the road, I worked on pulling the weeds in the pen. BACK BREAKING WORK! Oh my lord...I knew I was out of shape but Holy Mother of God I had no idea how bad I was out of shape. Still sore from that work out! Mountain Man ended up helping me get the back half finished. He is so great to push me along in projects by jumping in to help!


Now we can add some much needed mulch and grass seed. Hopefully the grass can grow with the chickens in the pen. Ha Ha! We shall see....

When we finished we treated ourselves to a little fruity mixer!




Copyright © 2018 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2018 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. Our chickens have a patch of rye grass they keep neatly mowed. It's part of their evening tasks. They forage, eat the meal worn treats we feed them, and wander to their patch to "graze" until they finally go into their pen at dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. over the winter we have opened the gate to them free range. But changing their schedule come spring requires this new program. They will not like it at first but....need those eggs!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts