Table Talk News

First For Everything

Well it has been a bit exciting around here! Those storms I was talking about coming in, DID with a bang!
Lots of Ground Lightening!! I had already gone around and unplugged all the electronics but failed to unplug the phone. I am glad I wasn't talking on it! Not a fan of talking to anybody while it is storming anyhow! 
Here is what happened....the phone cord that goes from your phone base to the wall (for those of you who can remember home phones anyhow). This cord and the base are now shredded, ruined completely! Look for yourself!


I had just stepped out of the room when I heard what sounded like a gun shot! Shorty who had been on the bed already upset from the storm, came slinking out of the room. I picked him up to check him and no injuries, thank God! Then could smell the burning wire and still had no idea what it was! I looked around trying to find smoke...no smoke but heavy wire smell! So I finally got my wits about me and realized the phone answering machine lights were not on. Then saw the wire!! Holy Cow!
That cord was blown out of both ends of the connectors and the wire shredded! That would have killed me if I were on the phone, I do believe!! If not from the strike but from the blast!!
I was still upset over it yesterday...I am better today!
I am glad I do have a backup.....
My sis in law heard this story and is sending us a set that she had from her mother in law who passed few months ago. Blessings come in small packages! 



Love hearing from ya!!!! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. Good Grief, Mary...I have a house phone, too, so I know exactly what you are talking about. And more than glad that you are one of those with the common sense to stay off the phone in a storm. OK. 1 - 2 - 3- - Breathe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You think you are safe while inside, but maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were going through a phone every storm. I bought a surge protection outlet to plug my phone into. That doesn't keep the outside line safe, but at least I don't have to buy a new phone every time it storms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts