Table Talk News

Going Out For Good Eats

As of late we have gone to a couple of establishments that are close to our house.

#1 Huff's Highway Cafe Owners Pete & Marie Huff
      Hwy 72, Patton, Mo
Open M-S various hours
Review: I was a little wary at first whether to stop and eat at this establishment. But don't let
the lack of polish shine you away. Judging this book by its cover will make you very sorry you
didn't go into to eat. They will fill your bellies with tasty eats and make you want to come back for
more of the home cooked feel. Inside you will feel like you have just left grandma's kitchen in the ol'
farmhouse decorated with kids coloring projects and the sounds of pitter patter above ya while ya eat!
The prices are really reasonable for the amount of food you get!
So if you find yourself in the Ozark Mountains Stop in and Have a bite you will not be disappointed!
Be sure to say hello to Marie (Cook), she is a hoot!

#2 Dogs N' Suds
     Hwy 67, Cherokee Pass, Mo
  Open M-Sun Various Hours
Review: We stopped for a quick bite. This little drive in experience brought back happy memories
from my childhood. Waitress came out smiling ready to take our order as they do not have indoor
serving nor public restrooms. The menu consisted of all kinds of ways to have a Hotdog also have
choices of hamburgers, fries, nachos, chicken items, shakes, cones etc. We had the Memphis Nachos
which has pulled pork, runny nacho sauce and a memphis bbq sauce. I felt the price was a bit high for
amount that you received. If you want a snack this is a great place for that ....if really hungry may need to
aim for something more like a burger or hotdog meal. It was really fun tho' if nothing else.

 Other than this we have attended a funeral which was beautiful. He was buried with full honors and his son
gave his mother, his father's well earned flag. Tears flowed even tho I did not know him personally but it was
so beautiful to see. Shortly after he handed off the flag to his mother his three yr old son went up and hugged him full strength and I lost it!!! So precious!!

Today Hubby tackled the plumbing for the washer and it almost done with it....will be so nice to have that
available so I don't have to go to the laundromat again! And my mother in law is so gracious letting me use her machine....but I am so ready to have my own back again. I picked up some "lick and stick" flooring for the bathroom I think it will look so nice when I get it done. We had the furnace man here to check the old
machine and he failed it! So it will get ripped out and we will have to move the wood stove into the back part of the house for heat.

Ok folks I am off to bed..tomorrow is another day!

Copyright © 2013 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2013 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. There is one of those Mom & Pop restaurants in the same block as my apartment. It has been there for probably 50 years at least. The prices are reasonable, the staff are friendly and know you by name, and if you leave there hungry, it is your own fault. Number One Son and I go there for breakfast at least once a month. I would rather have a meal there than at any fancy restaurant in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya...it is always fun to find a place that is good eatin' I think anyhow.
      Thanks for comin hope all is well with you and yours this holiday season!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts