Table Talk News

Sun to Dreary and Cold

Today started out with sunshine then as the day progressed the Cold front moved in. By this evening I froze riding around on the 4 wheeler looking for new babies, we had three new ones, two alive and one born dead.
The other family as I have mentioned before, are moving out by the end of the week. So today we made our final deals on some critters they wanted us to have.......whole flock of birds like chickens, geese, and a duck.
I also bought a pair of sheep and a goat! I love goats, never really had experience with sheep but my hubby has and he tells me that they are pretty easy keepers. Not planning on getting to many, but am excited to get a couple more this summer from a neighbor.

 Thought maybe some of you would be happy to see how the twins are doing. They are pretty girls!


Our new ranch assistance have brought this gorgeous stud(Happy Fred Hancock) that we are contemplating breeding to my Lyfa. If so that will start in April.....still thinking about it considering Lyfa has never had a baby and now she is 20, not sure it is a good idea. Her grandmother lived to be 36 so who knows!
Fred is the one in the middle--Black with a hint of blue roan.

While I was out in the pens taking pics, I saw these jack rabbits running around having a bit of fun!



Comments

  1. Boy that wind has some bite to it tonight. I too was out on the 4 wheeler gathering the mama's to stick them in the corral before the night. We had another new baby but all is well. It will be a short lived cold front it sounds like. Glad to hear that things are going well up there neighbor, spring is just around the corner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colllldddddd I don't envy you, I feel so sorry for the new babies in the cold and wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those babies are tough! The cows are pasture calving right now and so far we have good mama's who get right on cleaning those babies and they calve down in the many dry creek bottoms out of the wind.
    Had a few more this morning.....New Moon is tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts