Table Talk News

Hard Decisions



Pics from 2007

I got a call from my friend over in Joplin that Lyfa needed to come home. Lyfa, my horse, is having a hard time over there. Spring has brought on some health issues for her so we are bringing her home. I will have to dry lot (no green grass) her because she is over weight. To much grain and green grass. I am hoping she hasn't foundered . This time of year their is fresh green grass everywhere! The only logical place at this time to put her is where the goats are being kept. 
What about the goats you say? Well I have thought this over and prayed about it. With our present circumstance on our farm the goats are going back to my friends in Joplin. Yes, babies too! I have been asking for answers anyway on what to do with our goats. The momma "screams" a lot!! I can't even open the screen door and she is screaming! Well the babies are gonna learn that behavior, one has already and it really goes right into my bones making me cringe. I really enjoy being outside but lately don't even want to step outside. Without her there is no need to keep Little Man. 
We have not got the fencing to keep them out of things and places. The roaming worked as long as the creek was flowing but as soon as it was dry they were over here on this side causing issue! I was chasing goats in 83* humid weather for days on end. NOT FUN!!
With Mtn Man working full time and some,  things will be even slower to progress. On his time off we go like mad dogs trying to get things done but time is limited!
Fencing is planned this summer but I do believe we need the pasture more for the horses. 
So the goats are gonna have to go! I am not sure I will return to goats in the future. We shall see!

Update: Saturday all goats went to new homes. The girls went to Joplin and Little Man went to a breeder in Rogers, Arkansas. Lyfa is home! All is quiet in our little valley once again. 
Love hearing from ya!!!! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I hope your horse does well, M.E. And as for the screamer? We don't miss the one we sold. Maybe there will be other critters in your future.

    Fern

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing we can count on in life is change.

    You will choose the right path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like there are never any easy answers when it comes to our animals. We just do the best we can in any given circumstance.

    Me...I doubt I could put up with screaming goats, either. I value my peace and quiet too much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts