Table Talk News

Grinding Meat

 We have been running like a chicken with our heads cut off this week!

One of the many things we accomplished this week.... making ground out of whole meat.
We had some leftover 'grind' meat that I keep in the freezer in gallon bags.
I let them set in the sink for a day to defrost. Then I placed the meat only, in a big bowl and rinsed it out so it was ready for the grinding session.
Now I have two grinders....one mechanical and the other,a machine. I used my machine to get this ground.
Oyster Machine(Thank you to my MIL!) to the Rescue!! She grinds, blends, mixes, chops and grates! Haven't asked her to clean yet but if she does that too, I will get her on it right away!!

Anyhoo, she ground all two gallon bags of whole meat into burger/ground round. I then, put about a pound to pound and half into each bag for the freezer.😮😲😲😲 ( I know right, she said she is going to re-freeze the meat) No worries folks, it does not hurt to re-freeze the meat nor does it change anything!
I labeled and in the freezer it went for future use! 10 bags from two stuffed gallon bags of venison.

One more note, I did this all myself! The machine makes it really nice!!




Copyright © 2018 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2018 M.E. Masterson

Comments

Popular Posts