Table Talk News

No Doctors For Me


Some of you know, I have to be almost dying to go to a dang doctor! In my experience they want to throw pills at ya then charge ya an exorbitant amount of money! Then go back for checkups to see if their guess was correct or give you something else when it is not. And on and on. Am I right? You know it.
As you may have guessed I do not go unless I can't breathe (optional) or am bleeding to death(again optional).
Saturday we went out on a Farrier ( horseshoeing) job. Big beautiful belgian mules.
Well it is allergy season and danged if I know how I got an issue with my eye. Doggonit! I think I probably got something in my eye there and irritated it by rubbing it with dirty hands...ha ha! So now here I am couple days later with a swollen irritated eye. Looks like Mountain Man smacked me...He says No Mayo by God he means No mayo......Seriously, he would never dream of hitting me, ever! His momma and daddy raised him right!
So yesterday, I used triple antibiotic all day and an Allegra. Worked pretty good, so I thought. This morning I awoke to my eye almost swelled completely shut! I used a hot compress, thinking it would soothe the soreness which it did. Then added triple antibiotic ointment again and took Allegra.
Did some research to see what could be going on..does not look like pink eye. As you can see no pink except as smidge in the corner where the irritation started. The eyelid is really swelled though. So thinking it may be I scratched the inside of the eyelid and maybe got a little infection...who the heck knows.
But I am staying home, using baking soda with water (takes the sting out) and triple antibiotic. Allegra and am taking apple cider vinegar doses (1tsp vinegar to 1tsp water) throughout the day (3-4times a day).
Will keep ya updated!

Farm news:
Everybody is growing good! Grass is finally growing good. Lost two new chicks yesterday. down to 18 new ones. Hens are loving their new boxes!


Copyright © 2018 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2018 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I'm with you on the going to the doctor thing. Your assessment is spot on. Wonder if a cold compress might reduce the swelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrape a raw potato and put on a cotton cloth then tape the cloth to closed eye, leave it on overnight. Should work wonders! This is what my mother did for infected eye...and she was born in 1903...Old, old remedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will add to my stash of remedies!
      My eye has healed!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts