Table Talk News

Sawdust In The Face

First off, I want to THANK YOU..Yes YOU! Somehow, my post about Mexican Cornbread Casserole has caused my little 'ol blog to go NUTS with pageviews. Went from 100-150 to 500-550 a day! Cray Cray!
Yesterday was spent at our little sawmill once again..trying to finish up what we needed for our ceiling....the day was WINDY! Sawdust in the face kind of day all day. I ended up rinsing my eye out after getting sawdust in it. Wasn't too sure that I was going to get it clear. Thank goodness I was able too, dangit if it didn't hurt! Mountain Man had his fill of it by the time 5 o'clock rolled around!
We brought the boards back to the house. Laid them out on the deck to allow them to finish drying from milling. Cedar is so beautiful!
12 ft to the side...8 ft stacked three high in back,2 high in front
Running anything on a farm is never "laudy dah"! Especially running equipment. When running this mill it is a constant maintenance as you go kind of thing which makes for a long day in the end. The upside to it all...satisfaction knowing that we did it ourselves!

Love hearing from ya!!!! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I will have to check out that cornbread recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with sawdust in the face, I would think that is still preferable to depending on someone else to do the work. There is a certain satisfaction in doing for yourselves. Good on you and Mtn. Man. I gotta say that I am impressed with what you are doing and I am enjoying seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see this beautiful wood installed. Good for you. Good work and a great look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts