Table Talk News

Personal Thoughts and A Word From Jonathan Cahn

We are watching as our Nation turns into what we all feared it would! A nation divided!! Totally opposite of what our nation was built on! We as believers of the one true God and we need to continue witnessing our belief by behavior, actions and sharing our love and devotion for Him! 
On another thought, the word 'Christian'. What does that mean to you?...............

To me it literally means being Christ like. In other meanings Followers of Jesus Christ were first called “Christians” in Antioch (Acts 11:26) because their behavior, activity, and speech were like Christ. The word “Christian” literally means, “belonging to the party of Christ” or a “follower of Christ.”
Both the Bible and history suggest that the term Christian was probably meant as a mocking insult when it was first coined. Peter actually tells his readers not to be “ashamed” if they are called by that term (1 Peter 4:16). Likewise, when Herod Agrippa rejects Paul’s appeal to be saved, he says, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?” and he was probably playing off of the negative reputation of that term (Acts 26:28). Why would he, a king, submit to the indignity of being called a “Christian”?

I, personally, revere that word with deep respect despite those who flippantly use it as an excuse to demean others or judge others. Being Christ like takes a ton of conscience work every day of every hour of every minute. To always be working towards that image in which God created us to be. Using our gifts of love, grace and forgiveness which it takes to unite and be peaceful with others. I could go on and on and on but i don't need too.

I do not call myself Christian because I am so far from being Christ like that it is embarrassing!  I am not saying i don't try every day of every hour of every minute! What I am saying is I am imperfect and am not worthy of that word in it's respectful meaning! I keep on trying that is what i can do at this time with my goal of becoming Christ like or Christian!

When asked if i am a Christian, i rebuttal with I believe in the One True God and His Son Jesus Christ!

Please enjoy this video released today from Jonathan Cahn to Joe Biden!




Copyright © 2010-2021 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2010-2021 M.E. Masterson

Comments

Popular Posts