Table Talk News

Roping The Fence

I woke the other morning going about my business. Decided to head to the post office to pick up my mail that hadn't been collected for a few days. Not abnormal for us!
As I turned into our drive I noticed a gaping hole in the fence. I panicked!! My horses are in this pasture...so I raced to the top of the hill to see if they were still in there. Whew, yes they were. I backed up which got their attention and they trotted down to see what I was up to! I went into hurry mode...I don't carry wire in the car normally (I do now), so I had to imper vise! I found two short straps and a piece of rope... at first I tried the strap ...ya not going to work...so I went with the rope.
I curled the wire back on itself wrapping it tight to make a loop. I repeated this on the other end of the wire. I tied one end on the first loop then strung it through the second loop and repeated this all the way down until I ran out of rope. All the while I am rackin my brain trying to figure out why someone would cut all 4 strands and drive into our horse pasture? Why would a person do that?
Headed to the house to get the wire to fix it proper. After fixing this spot I went for a walk around the field to see if there was any other spot that needed attention. Up in the west corner the gate had been unwired and drove through...not sure what they wanted in my field except to steal my horses. There was evidence of four wheeler tracks chasing horses and my mare was lame that morning! 
Needless to say, I moved my horses just in case they decided to come back and try again!! 
Dang people!! 


   Both mother and son practically put their own halters on. They are thrilled to be home again!!



Love hearing from ya!!!! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. What is wrong with people?! If it weren't for the first hole in the fence you found, I would say someone was just chasing your horses around for the fun of it - maybe fun for them but not for anyone with any kind of sense. Quick thinking on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm glad you still have your horses! I've fixed many fences, but for cattle. We got out of the cattle business a couple years ago, I thought it was too much for Husband to feed in the winter...we sold just before the prices went "sky high". I do miss them!
    Have you thought of getting a game camera? We use one for the driveway when we are going to be gone for a few days....shows everything that comes by...



    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lousy that someone would chase the horses. Jerks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts