Table Talk News

Free Corn

I don't know about you but I will not turn down goods that are FREE! My Inlaws brought us 4 banana boxes full of corn in the husks. Not all were good but we salvaged what we could. And we ended up removing the corn from the cob and canning them in pint jars. So grateful to my Mtn Man for helping me in this task. From peeling the corn out of the husk to removing the corn off the cob! Wonderful Man he is!!
Results: 25 pints all together!! Yay!!
I pack them raw as I don't believe they need to be cooked twice! Never had an issue ever!!
Aren't they pretty?
This was my first batch...the second is getting fired up in the caner now.
And my little stove is working beautifully!!
Mtn Man mentioned to me...says you know you start out saying how much work it is but then you get those jars out and the caner out and you are beaming from ear to ear! Never seen the like!
My reply.... I love providing for my family! Even if it is just the two of us! Never know when we will be sharing with others! Always have just a little extra...... 





Love hearing from ya!!!! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. You have been busy!! Homegrown sweet corn is good, but free homegrown sweet corn is even better. And doesn't it just give you a good feeling of accomplishment to see those lovely jars of home canned goodness on the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stove. What kind is it? I love seeing my home canned jars of food. Your corn looks great! Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. M.E.,

    Morning Sweetie,
    Never pass up any free fresh vegetables. Like you, I would can it, freeze, or dehydrate it. Keep on....Keepin on Girlie :-)
    Sending love and hugs to you and Mtn Man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana we do believe it is a magic chef from the 40's. thanks for stoppin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be thrilled with a big batch of free corn too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts