Table Talk News

Soggy Garden

Can't remember the technical name for this type of lily but they grow wild here in Mo

Easter Lilies


********************************************************************************
Tropical Bill has made it to our region. It is moving through a lot quicker than it did for our friends in Oklahoma and Texas. It still has a rotating motion as it moves through so for us here at the farm it has been hit and miss. For our St. Louis friends and family not so much! They have been inundated with rain causing widespread flooding throughout the city and the out lying towns.
Well the brunt of this storm is here NOW! I see out the window that it is pouring. Since last friday we are up to 5" of rain. We may very well hit 7" after this storm moves through. 
My internet signal has disappeared.....so must be a doozy! 
Back up an runnin'! Ok where was I ...oh yeah rain fall. I am sorry but this is the biggest news right now on the farm.
When I measured a minute ago (1pm CST) it says 5 1/4" of rain since Sunday (told hubby Friday but am wrong per my calendar).
 Had a little break from the raindrops yesterday accompanied by a light breeze which was enough to dry out a bit of the garden so I could at least walk in it. Helps that it is on a slight slope too! Great for drainage!  I got out and pulled weeds until I couldn't bend over anymore. I really need to invest in a little cart seat thingy! 
I got the sweet potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, peppers and okra weeded. Filled up my black wheel barrow full! I gave these to my chickies! They were grateful!

The weeds are out of control! It is amazing how this country does not stop growing!!
Asparagus Up front...sweet potatoes in the back


Okra and my one pea plant with dill surrounding it

green bean row with volunteer tomatoes in it


Volunteer Tomato and Dill




Flowering Potatoes...hopefully we actually get potatoes without rot

"Akurn" squash as some say it around these parts

Rhubarb has lost its mind...

Zucchini plant

Yellow Crooked Neck Squash

View from the bottom end

Chickie Treats

They know I am coming with something good!!

And they dove in!

First picking of the year!
 Will aim for tomorrow to pull more weeds... we shall see! It is still drizzling now!
 
Love hearing from ya!!!! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. M.E.,

    In this part of Oklahoma we picked up all kinds of water from the tropical storm when it rolled through. Last night, I removed the plastic covering from parts of my garden in hopes of saving plants from too much water. The water was about 6 inches up my rubber boots, and all kinds of mud. I could smell the rot starting from all the sitting water in the grass from our last storm. The weeds are terrible now from all the rain, we can only pull so many of them before it's time to stop. Like you mentioned, hard on the back.....and now the sun is baking, it's hot. Tonight when the sun goes down, I can go out and really check the garden to see how things look. Stay dry, don't work to hard, and watch out for the heat which is rolling in too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts