Table Talk News

New Road

As most of you know our road is an old creek bed that floods when the rains come. This causes washout on the road and makes it difficult to travel unless you have a horse! I called our Road & Bridge Maintenance Office yesterday(Sunday) leaving a message asking for repairs on our road. They appeared this morning(Monday) early!
They hung out on our road all day. Brought in loads of rock and fill to repair the road. Then the grader would smooth it out to make the road. It looks a ton better! And will probably be a bit easier to travel especially on our end.

The Results:





All this work is lovely BUT it has created another problem!
My phone is out again...LOL! The grader must of caught a wire or moved the dirt around so much from the washout areas that now my phone no longer works. It worked in the morning before I headed out to mow. So sent out another repair order via the internet.... 
Upside at least I still have this for communication! LOL!

All of this plus no sleep made for a very sleepy me! I am not a nap person unless I am exhausted or sick. Today( Monday) I took a two hour nap! It felt wonderful!!


Interesting Fact About Our County:
 
First Road in Missouri Lead To Madison County 

Mowed JG this morning. 

Happy Day!
Love hearing from ya!!!! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. M.E.,

    Interesting post! I'm glad the county came out and took care of your road.
    Sorry to hear they may have knocked out your telephone service.
    Madison County, how interesting. Isn't that where the movie was filmed "Bridges of Madison County"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the film was about an Iowa bridge.
    Thanks Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably a real pain that your phone was out, M.E. But what I liked about this post is the beautiful terrain you are surrounded with. Thanks for the pictures!

    Fern

    ReplyDelete
  4. What service!!! Sure would like to have that kind of service in our county. You have a beautiful homestead.

    D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts