Table Talk News

Auction Anyone?

Once a year in town they have an auction. We got up this morning and headed for the sale!
Lots of goodies to be looked at. We did buy a few things that we just couldn't live without.
I am a sucker for cast iron anything usable.
I bought two pans 10& 12 ($25).
He bought a potato fork, a pick and another tool attachment ($10).
We also bought some older windows($6),
a tater/onion bin($2)
and I think the best of the best a quilting rack on a stand (brand new still in the box)($3).
This stand from the best that I can figure was bought from JcPenney's catalog probably in the 70's or maybe even 60's. If anybody knows when these kind of things were sold in their catalog let me in on the info!

It is always fun to hit those kind of bargains.


Love hearing from ya!!!! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. wow! you hit the jackpot with your buys...and you made some excellent choices in what you bought too... when i go to auctions, junking, antique stores i am always looking for such treasures that will be used on my homestead and used a hundred years after i am gone...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Buy something of quality once ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. M.E.,

    You've really made out going to this auction!!! Talk about deals, girl!!!!!!!
    Congratulations on your great finds.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some awesome buys, wish I could get lucky at finding deals like that. I would love to find a quilting frame.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts