Table Talk News

UPDATES And A BIG Thank you

 Let me start with  Broody Hen:
On Monday I wrote about my girl and her mood. Much thanks to Chicken Chick and her Brood Breaker, IT WORKED!!! Now this girl had been acting broody for probably a week and half if I really go back and think about it. If allowed these girls will hatch out a batch of eggs brooding for the full 21 days. She didn't need to as I have no rooster. Anyhoo, it took her a little bit longer(72 hrs) than probably most who are caught earlier(24 hrs). But am grateful it worked. Last night she went into the coop and was roosting with the rest. This morning I was greeted by a happy hen.
I will now use it(cage) for my young trio that are growing like weeds. Adding a couple temp boards to the bottom of the cage so their little legs don't slip through. Multi uses!!
*****************************************************************************
Some of you have been curious about my face! Well it has pretty much healed up. It still has a little bit of scabbing going on but mostly it is gone!
********************************************************************************
Garden Update:
The beans have risen, one pea has risen and the onions are trying to grow. The strawberries have put on berries like crazy and growing! Wahoo! Love fresh berries!



***************************************************************************
Now for the BIG Thank You!! Big W and my FIL came by yesterday. Big W is an electrician.

Let me back up for a second. Night before last while I was talking on the phone our power went out for a minute or so. Next morning I went to get on the computer and saw that it had turned itself back on probably from more surges. I have all of these techy things plugged into a power strip for that very surges. It saves the techy things from losing their minds. Ok so I thought well I will turn it off by pushing the button on the machine. No go just kept restarting not powering down. So went to the strip and flipped the switch. Waited about 30 secs or so and tried to turn it back on...NO JUICE! Tried another outlet on that wall no power. Dangit! I called my FIL and explained it all to him. He said he would be out the next day to look it over.... he is good with electrical things. I unplugged all items from plugins so it wouldn't pull power just in case there were any wires lose up in the attic. Did not want a fire!!

FIL brought BIG W with him the next day. He got to looking around. Taking things apart to get an idea of how maybe they wired this house. Everything comes from the top down. He went to the attic!
When he looked up there he noticed numerous junction boxes with wires coming out of them. He opened up the first one
He took his handy tool and checked for live wires. Fixed a couple things and what do you know we got power back in the room. So had him look for more to fix the living room that went out last summer. 
He found this and fixed it....
Can't see it real good but the back of this is melted just a bit....

We are so grateful to him for not giving up until the issues were fixed. All things electric work in the house. THANK YOU BIG W!!!
You may have very well have saved our little house with character. Yes we are planning on rebuilding and this little house comes down. We would like to take it down on our terms not by fire, Thank you!
*****************************************************************************
Lastly, mostly for my records..... I mowed cemetery yesterday...mowed a part of JG and my mower broke! Off to the shop she goes..... two week turn around...Uggghhhh! I hate borrowing someone else's mower.




Love hearing from ya!!!!
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO!
 https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife
Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. So glad you got the electrical problems fixed. The risk of fire is great, especially in older buildings. A while back my bathroom light switch wasn't working well. Could hear a sizzling sound when I flipped it on. Not a good thing. Landlord came in and within 10 minutes all was well again. So glad you have someone close who can help. Makes life so much easier, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts