Table Talk News

Clearing The Brush

This for me personally is a challenge in this part of the country. Between the snakes, bugs and the poison vines I really have a hard time mostly mentally (not because of work) but sometimes physically!

We worked on the spot across the creek that was obstructing our view of the goat pen.


 It looks much better...
BUT......

 

 I ended up with a good dose of poison oak, ivy something! I can only guess that a vine swiped me across the face when we were clearing....doggonit! I woke up the first morning and I looked like somebody punched me in the face...then comes the ooze! This is the beginning of a long season...I have attracted the poison vines all my life! If they are about well I end up with it....I have had it so bad in the past that I ended in the emergency room from oozing from the Inside Out (Throat, Nether regions, lungs etc) ! 

It is getting better but will take time.....I have used vinegar & baking soda (burned like hale), Tecnu seems to be my go to stuff most days. The other that is healing this pretty good is Ivy Dry. It stings pretty good on some parts of it but it drys it out real nice. I look forward to better days without this stuff!
I will not be participating in any brush clearing for a bit unless I know for sure that there is no poison vines anywhere!!!

Off to mow at JG's will take a look at the cemetery may not mow it today maybe tomorrow we shall see.
Have a great day everybody!

Love hearing from ya!!!! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. Oh Sweetie...that just looks so painful. I'm sorry that you and the poison vine connected. Some of us aren't affected by that nasty stuff and some of us just look at the vines and start to itch. I'm with you on being the latter. Many years ago I would go blueberry picking in northern MN. My favorite spot was one where the bushes were so thick that I would just sit on the ground, pick all the berries I could reach, scoot along on my bottom and pick some more. It was unfortunate that I only saw the berries and not the poison ivy. The oils soaked through my jeans and the next morning my entire not-so-small backside was covered in red, weeping, itchy blisters. Try explaining how it happened to friends who are giving you a teasing time about the constant need to scratch your.......assets. Hope it clears up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! You get it even worse than I do. I only have a small place on each forearm and forehead. We have poison ivy growing all over the place here. We're going to break down and use weedkiller on it in a lot of places. I hope you heal up quickly.

    Fern

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts