Table Talk News

Full Of It!

Wouldn't be the first time I have been told that! LOL!

Yesterday we truly soaked up the sunshine! Love it! 

My bulbs are peeking out of the ground which means spring is not far off. I was told today another 45 days and things can start going in the garden. Checked the Farmer's Almanac and in my area looks like March 1st is the first day of planting! Wahoo!

So what have we been up to....well working at the sawmill!
 The guys cut up some logs after trying to get all the kinks out which seems to take more time than planned. Things were going along beautifully until.....
A roller wheel went out. The bearings in it decided to give out.....now we wait for another pair to show up in the mail. Just replaced these about two weeks ago...haven't run but maybe 1000 board feet on the new ones. Oh well they are on there way!

So the guys decided to start working on the shop. They had cut up enough boards to get going on it. It is starting to take shape. It is slow and arduous work but Mtn Man is glad to see progress!

Oh and one of the neat things they built real quick was a little cover for their finished lumber to set under. Keep out of the rain directly. One of them saw this somewhere on the internet and thought it was a great idea for a temporary quick building.
We took 4 hog panel/cattle panel,about 6-8 logs, 6 pallets and two tarps to make this deal! So Easy!
The logs are about 16 feet wide. The panels are placed against the one log and bent in the middle to set in next the the other log on the other side. That's it!

The panels are then tie wired to each other so they don't move. Pallets are placed strategically to keep the wire from moving too!

then the tarps are added. tying each grommet to the wire. I tucked in the bottoms and tied in a couple places to the bottoms of the fence panels so the wind wouldn't catch them and rip them up.

Each grommet! Little OCD involved but you get the picture. I over lapped the other tarp a tensy wensy bit and was still able to attach it the same way. Folding the tarp back on itself on the inside. It wasn't quite big enough to go to the ground but will work for who it's for.


They have been busy with logging!

********************************************************************************
Farm Updates:

My girls (Hens) are getting adjusted to the new digs! I was having issues with them laying the boxes but I think I have fixed that issue.

I have to out think them sometimes....the say chickens are stupid but I beg to differ! These girls keep laying in a nice cushy corner next to the new boxes. I kept putting the eggs up in the boxes and those wiley girls kept moving them back into the corner. So I have always known that they have an issue with bright red. Most chickens do not like bright red! And if you remember silly me bought a white dish pan and a red one to use for their laying boxes. They always preferred the white one to the red one. I had removed these when we put the new laying boxes in. Out thinking the girls I thought "I will fix their little hen house". I took the red laying box (dish pan) and screw it in that spot and see if maybe that will work. And ya know they are laying in the new boxes!! 
Score: 1=Me 0=Hens

And they are laying in numerous boxes not just one. Wahoo!

Taking a dirt bath...it was nice and warm for one!
********************************************************************************* 
On the home front today well you could say we really did not get much accomplished. We piddled around pretty much all day! We made the excuse that we really didn't get our Sunday so we took it today. My mind is in Oregon where my sister is having my niece... I am so excited I just can't stand it! I can't wait to see some pics...I wish I could have been there but well ya know....I live here and she lives there.
Isn't she just beautiful??
 Ok will yak at ya tomorrow, I hope!

If you want to leave a COMMENT please EMAIL me (MARYE.MASTERSON@GMAIL.COM) Love hearing from ya! FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO! https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofmylife Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2015 M.E. Masterson

Popular Posts