Table Talk News

Garden Progress

First and Foremost....Happy Easter Everybody! 
If there is a question of what Easter is about besides bunnies and eggs, oh and don't forget Jelly Bellies...Read Here 

As you saw in yesterdays post we finished the fence and gates on the garden. It feels really good to get that done! I put on my sun dress, sun screen lotion and off I toddled to the garden to play. I planted beets, carrots, lettuce mix(I always take the packages and mix each together then plant), spinach(in with lettuce mix), kholarabi(plants & seed), broccoli(plant & seed), Brussels sprouts(seed), Cabbage (Red & green plants), Cauliflower(plants) and 2 kinds of peas(seed).
After next Saturday the 26th, according to the "holy grail", Farmer's Almanac, this will be last frost date this year. I will plant the herbs, beans, corn, peppers, tomatoes, asparagus, garlic, sweet potatoes, melons, squash, cukes and whatever else I have left! Whew will be a busy season that is for sure!!!
Thanks to my FIL he has a small tiller to help with keeping up with the weeds along with my trusty hoe!
Supposed to have a little rain here and there this next week but mostly sunshine. 

The ticks have shown themselves already which I am not excited about....gonna have to find something to take care of them soon! Just yesterday had a few seed ticks in places that they shouldn't be it was rather disturbing to my mind! Had no idea they would even go there!!!

Well I will leave ya with some pics to enjoy....Have a great day!
Squash, Melons, Cukes, Peppers

Tomatoes of all kinds(Ground, Cherry, Tomatillos)

Celeriac, Asparagus, Okra



Cabbage, Cauli, Broccoli, Kholarobi plants
Beets, Carrots, Peas, Kholarobi, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage Seeds


 Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. I wish I could find my ambition. I have much to do.

    Things at your place are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M.E.,

    Your garden will produce all kinds of vegetables this harvest season.
    Happy Easter To You and Yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts