Table Talk News

Farm Updates

 We are expecting thunderstorms this afternoon into this evening, maybe or maybe not. They say there is a possibility for severe weather but not sure......then Sunday calling for storms once again. We are ready for whatever comes our way!

On to the Farm updates:

 


The Chicken House is in place now ready for the fence. Mtn Man and FIL placed it yesterday with dry 
concrete waiting for ground moisture or the rain to do the rest of the job. But as you can see they placed boards in place so it won't move, here's hoping! The purple marks on the grass are where I want posts for their(the chickens) "great yard" or their version of a "great room"!











Mtn Man hung my laundry line up on Monday and I have to say it works like a champ!


The garden is growing......potatoes and onions are up (companion planted one row), the plants I planted, all but 2 made it so far and some of the beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts. Hoping the hail doesn't take them out. All but two new trees are budding....yeah!! Received the asparagus (2yr old) and garlic planted them yesterday. All berries are budding except grape, still hoping! 

onion and potato
New plant
Daffodils are done blooming, waiting for the lilies I planted to bloom. Red bud trees are in full bloom and think maybe I have a old healthy pear tree out back and couple apple trees up front.



Ticks are in full swing both regular and seed, the tick checks are fun tho'! Bore bees are beginning to annoy me, they chase me down outside! Red wasps are out not as bad as last year. Snakes are about too! Ewwww!




We are very fortunate this year in that we received a gift from a stranger that will save our bacon come winter time. We got a call from a local logging operation manager who informed us that we could go up and get all the wood we wanted from this logging site a couple miles from our house. We gladly accepted the gift and promptly went up and got all our wood for this winter and about 50 8 ft logs for building with! Wahoo!
We have never had all our wood in by April for the winter season.....feeling blessed!
About 9 cords of firewood

8ft logs in the background there....beams to the left already cut from some blow down on our property

Mtn Man has the round pen area almost done. He and FIL worked on it yesterday to level it out mostly still a little bit to go yet then we can set it up. One step closer to having our horses home!


How many of you have heard of May Apples or Mandrake's? Well I hadn't until I met a Missouri man, my husband. Hoping this year I actually get to see one ripen I have quite a few around here so just maybe I can taste one as well, before the squirrels and rabbits get them.

Remember "Fat Albert", the hat the one character wore that is what these remind of.

Oh and one more off the track thing that has happened to me......remember the brow band I was working on that said "SIOUX" and the peacock earrings that two ladies won, well we had an issue arise that has caused a miner upset that I feel terrible about. While in the post office the other day I mailed all the packages with the postmasters help. Well the packages got mixed up and one of the ladies got earrings instead of what she ordered and the other lady got the order instead of earrings. I feel terrible about it but hopefully we have it ironed out and both of them will get what they were supposed to come this next week. So Sorry Ladies!!

Ok well I think that is everything for now...Do hope you have a great Friday!

 Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson All Photographs Copyright © 2014 M.E. Masterson

Comments

  1. M.E.,

    I love your chicken coop!!!! It looks so nice, can't wait to see pictures of it filled with chickens :-)

    And in the future see pictures of you and Mtn Man with horses on the property.

    Were expecting the same type of weather Saturday evening into Sunday. I'm going to try to cover some of the things in my garden to prevent heavy damage.

    I remember reading having Guinea hens will help with tick problems on farms, they love to eat them. Be careful with snakes, it's that time of year. I hate snakes, last year I had several copperheads in the garden. I killed one, and couldn't find the other.

    Sorry to hear about the package mix up, and hope it gets resolved soon for you. Again, thank you for the earrings....did you make them?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Sorry to limit comments to google users only. Thank you for stopping by! Come back again ya hear!

Popular Posts